Thursday, January 20, 2005

Shit

Game over.

I've just been contacted by my solicitor, she has been contacted by the vendor's solicitor requesting the documentation be returned.

This in effect means that the vendor has chosen to accept the other offer from the other estate agency.

Obviously, I am following up all lines of communication at the moment.

I have spoken with my solicitor, I asked her what the likelihood of a legal threat to take them to court over a breach of verbal contract. My original offer was contingent on them taking the property off the market, they countered with the demand that we exchange contracts within 28 days. We didn't manage to exchange within 28 days, as a result of a structural engineer's report being required, and we clarified that that would not be a problem and formally requested an extension. And yet it seems they had the property on the market contrary to their part of the agreement.

My solicitor seems to think that this would be wasted effort, we have no hope of winning such a case, they know it and I know it. My suggestion was based more on wasting any extra profits they make from the other purchaser on court costs.

I have spoken to the Rapport (estate agent/good cop), he is speaking to them now, in the hope of getting the details on the other offer. If they come back with an offer of a couple of thousand pound greater than mine, I would consider paying the extra.

I'm not going to do anything right now, I'm too upset. I just had to walk out of the office as I was feeling nauseous and needed some air.

I have resigned myself to losing the house, the likelihood of this being fixed now is negligible, if it comes off, cool, but right now, I'm just not hoping for anything.

Right now, I just want to find the scrawny little fucker that has done this to me and wring their fucking neck. I think that might technically be illegal though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home