Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Broker contact, and negotiations...

Took a call this morning from Money Man, it was time for hard negotiation once more... well not really, we had a discussion about what needed to be done, and what the house was valued at in the original survey.

It seems the valuation said my offer was a fair one, subject to reduction following the results of the structural survey. So really I am only able to reduce the offer by the amount of work that needs doing to fix the parapet wall. This comes to £10.5K, so I rounded up to £12K (as no estimate ever has been accurate when referring to building work) and left it with him.

Of course I could have demanded the £20K I was talking about before, but then equally they could have said, "You're taking the piss", then told me to get out of their sight. :)

On another note, I had to agree to the vendor seeing the report, so they could they could pass it onto the original lender that took repossession, I wasn't too happy about that, after the titting about they went though with me picking up the cost for a survey on their property. On the up-side I have passed the cost of that onto them in the form of a reduced offer anyway.

Finally I also received an e-mail from the mortgage brokerage today, asking me if the structural engineers report was completed yet. I replied that it was, and asked if they wanted an electronic copy. They did. So I sent one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home