Saturday, December 18, 2004

Oh good grief...

Today I was contacted by Rapport (the estate agent), it seems that the vendor is not interested in paying for the Structural Survey.

Normally one of the surveys takes about a day and costs approximately £1000 + VAT. So obviously I'm more than a little upset at the intractable "up on high" nature that the vendor seems to be taking in these negotiations.

This is the third time that they have carried on in this dictatorial fashion, and I have to say it is starting to wear a little thin.

As luck would have it, I have come to an arrangement with a structural engineer, that will cost me far less than £1000 + VAT, and the survey is going to be done on Tuesday. (I think the engineer wants some beer money for the Christmas drinking season.)

This of course means that I have no longer got the leeway of a couple of weeks to sort out the whole job thing once more... sheesh, on, off, on, off, this is getting tiresome!

Anyway I have a job to go to on Monday morning, hopefully an interview to attend on Tuesday morning. I have been thinking about it, and most contracts have a seven day immediate notice period if either party is not happy. If I apply some pressure to the guys I interview with on Tuesday, hopefully I can invoke the seven day clause on the first job.

I've run out of fingers to cross, my luck and karma are both used up, I'm not crossing fingers any more, I'm just going with the flow.

However, when the vendor asks to see the structural engineer's report, rest assured, I'll be charging them £500 + VAT. :D Frankly they can kiss my arse if they think they are getting to see that for free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home