Thursday, January 13, 2005

Hiatus

Well it seems the whole process has gone on hold.

Everyone is waiting for the revised survey, until that is issued no one can continue.

The surveyor, as mentioned previously, has reduced the value of the property by £10K to £330K, and they have been kind enough to forward that on to the mortgage lender.

But...
  1. The solicitor wants to see it (as there are some specific points for her to check on).
  2. The mortgage broker wants to see it, so that they are in the loop.
  3. The estate agency wants to see it, so that they can hand it to the intermediate vendor.
  4. The intermediate vendor wants it so that they can pass it onto the actual vendor.
  5. I want a copy, since I paid for the sodding thing.
An since neither the intermediate nor the actual vendor has a copy of the final report, they are not even entertaining the option of dropping the price (even though they now have a copy of the structural engineers report that they didn't pay for). So my reduced offer is in limbo until I get a copy of this report and inform everyone of the contents by passing the bloody thing around.

In the mean time I'm not too fussed, the longer I have to sort this out, the longer I have to earn money, and the more money I get, the closer I am to getting a 10% deposit down and buying this place without paying an extra £3.5K insurance premium to insure the lender rather than myself. Of course over 25 years with added interest that becomes more like £6.5K, and to be honest I'd rather that kind of money stayed in my pocket.

So onward, but not too quickly is the notion of the day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home