Thursday, January 20, 2005

Just called to confirm

I have just spoken to the other estate agency to confirm that the other offer is genuine.

It is. Bummer.

I suspected that the other offer was a negotiation ploy from the vendor, but it would appear that the offer is genuine.

I have spoken to Rapport again, the person he was dealing with has gone to lunch, I'm guessing this is a making me sweat thing too. Rapport did however confirm that the other offer is still subject to survey, so in all likelihood the competing buyers have no idea that £10K or work needs doing quite urgently. Of course the problem is, if they go for the cheapest survey (a valuation survey), they will never know about the parapet wall problem, and will stick to their offer.

We shall see what happens.

I have de-stressed some now, I'm feeling a little more relaxed, and if it does not go well, I shall have to say, c'est la vie, and start looking for somewhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home