Thursday, January 27, 2005

Money...

Bugger, one of the transfers will not clear into my account until tomorrow. This means I'm going to need an overdraft for one measly day! The money for the deposit on the property has to be there tomorrow.

I have just had to detail my entire financial life to a nice (but abrupt) man at my bank, so that they will give me a £1000 extension to my overdraft for a single bloody day!

Their systems are down, so they are going to call me back.

Why is nothing ever simple? Suppose it is my own fault for forgetting to bring the cheque book to work on Monday and delaying myself by a day. Oh well that mistake is going to cost me £30, with is but a drop in an ocean compared to the other costs of buying a house to date.

Harrumph!

Although thinking about it, if I am paying for a CHAPS payment anyway, I may just leave it until tomorrow morning as the exchanges are meant to be near instantaneous (which in high street banking terms probably means 15 minutes).

Hurrah, I have just saved myself £30. Which is still a drop in the ocean, but now its my drop! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home