Wednesday, February 02, 2005

(pen)Ultimatum!

Well today I was contacted by Money Man (estate agent/bad cop) on behalf of the Shark, and asked what my best offer was again!

I was expecting this, there has been an unusually long delay since we asked the Shark for confirmation that they were going to pay for the planning permission indemnity insurance. No doubt they are putting the brakes on the whole process in order to allow Nemesis to complete a survey and get back into the game.

So I had an answer in anticipation. (Who's been playing predictably now asshole!?)

To paraphrase myself (Names changed to protect the guilty):
"Money Man, we have been waiting on the Shark for a week now about covering the charges for their indemnity insurance, frankly they are deliberately engineering these delays and trying to use them to bump up my anxiety levels and hence the money I'm prepared to commit."

"My best offer is £335K until Friday this week, after that if they have not exchanged, my offer will be £330K, I'll wait for them to let Nemesis get a survey done, then the structural engineers report, then find out about the planning problems, and once the other guy drops his offer below mine, then they can come back to me, and ask me very nicely if I want to proceed. Of course by then, I expect the market will have dropped even further, so I may need to revise the price down once more".
Lets see them stick that in their pipe and smoke it!

Of course, I have been chasing the surveyor to contact the mortgage lender, so that I can get the mortgage sorted out in the mean time. If that doesn't come through I'm stuffed anyway... best not think about that outcome though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home