Friday, February 04, 2005

Frustration

Well in order to get the vendor to accept the offer today (they have after all been sitting on the offer for some days now), I even offered to pay for the indemnity insurance required to cover the planning permission problem. Conditional on them giving me an answer by end of day today and a relaxing weekend!

I still didn't get an answer, so there will be no answer until Monday at the earliest now!

However, I did learn that Rapport (estate agent/good cop) things that:
  1. There are four (yes 4!) offers in for the property from various interested parties.
  2. He thinks I have a really good chance of getting the property, in fact he is certain I'll get it. (I applaud his enthusiasm, I shall reserve myself from celebration until it is signed, sealed, and delivered!)
So, what is the plural of nemesis? Nemises? It would appear that I have a potential 3 nemises rather than just the one I expected.

As a little prediction, if they do finally accept my offer, I am prepared to bet, thy still want me to pick up the tab on the insurance, even though the offer was contingent upon me getting an answer two hours ago! It's amazing how good the Shark is at hearing the bits that get them more money and being deaf to the attached conditions.

Have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home