Thursday, February 03, 2005

Mortgage offer problem

Slight problem, I'm over extending myself in the short term to make this purchase. (A lot of my cash is tied up in log term things that will take a while to return the cash to me.) So I have a high loan to value rate. (I.e. I'm borrowing for a mortgage of 95% of the value of the property, anything above 90% is considered a high loan to value rate.)

As a result of this high ratio, there is an additional insurance hat has to be paid for. Bizarrely, I get to foot the bill, and if I default on payments, the full value of the property is paid back to the mortgage lender by the insurer, and then the insurer comes after me... I'm not sure why the buyer is expected to pay for someone else's insurance, but hey ho, that's the way it is.

The mortgage offer from yesterday, didn't include the cost of the insurance premium (of over £4,000) being added to the mortgage, so I'd need to come up with more cash. This is contrary to what was agreed Anyway, I don't have the extra cash, so I have contacted my mortgage broker and asked them what is going on.

Still haven't heard from the vendor if hey are going ahead with the offer yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home