Saturday, February 19, 2005

Spend! Spend! Spend!

Jenny has arrived to help me with the choice of colour scheme (I am after all colour-blind, and who wants to visit someone with a purple and orange living room?), and the DIY work. She is a goddess of the world of interior design and has done all of this crap before, so I shall be taking her lead on this stuff.

The evening started with us taking a brief sojourn to the nearest B&Q, where tools, a ladder, painting equipment and lots of paint was bought. This took until about 8:30. The store closed at 8:00, but then frankly its not my fault we couldn't find staff to mix the bloody paint is it?

Then we headed off to the new house and dropped off all the new purchases, then we moved onto phase two of the purchasing regime: Ikea!

We headed off to the Brent Park branch of Ikea, and I went to town, I bought a super king size bed, a double bed and a girlie-girlie single bed for Angel's room. I also bought all the other furniture I will need (if I'm not careful my place is going to look like an Ikea bomb went off!). Unfortunately the sofa that I wanted to buy was not in stock, but I was informed that it will be in sock at the new Edmonton store, I'll swing by there tomorrow and get that too. (I'll wear my anti stab vest.)

While I was at Ikea, I got one of their store cards, as they had a 5% back deal. As much as you spend (up to the limit of the card), you get vouchers back. But, when I got to the end, we had all sorts of prating about, the store closed at 12AM, and we were still there at 1AM, fucking about trying to get everything sorted with the vouchers and the delivery.

The guy dealing with me, also forgot to sort out the bloody kitchen unit too! So I'll have to sort that out tomorrow with the other store. And frankly he cocked up the vouchers and said, “But it's only 10 quid out, it's not a lot is it?”. My reply, “Yeah, its just a tenner, but it's my tenner, it's OK, I'll tell you what you just give me the tenner out of your own pocket and we'll be square.” Surprise surprise, he managed to sort it out then!

Delivery is planned for Sunday of all the big and heavy stuff.

In a real comedy moment, it turned out that the delivery company don't deliver plants, so we had to squeeze a huge plant into my tiny Nissan Micra on Jenny's lap!

With that done, we dropped off what we had bought at the new place and called it a night. We headed back off to my flat, and here I sit now, falling asleep. I'm off to bed, tomorrow is going to be a loooooong day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home